Planning an upcoming trip to one of our featured sites, or other sites on public lands? Be sure to review the Leave No Trace Seven Principles with your group. Let's take care of our sites so generations to come can continue to enjoy and experience them!
1. Plan Ahead and Prepare
2. Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
3. Dispose of Waste Properly
4. Leave What You Find
5. Minimize Campfire Impacts
6. Respect Wildlife
7. Be Considerate of Other Visitors
For these Heritage Sites, take special note of Principle #4: Leave What You Find.
Leave Cultural Artifacts
• Preserve the past: examine, but do not touch cultural or historic structures and artifacts.
• Cultural artifacts are protected by the Archaeological Resources Protection Act. It is illegal to remove or disturb archaeological sites, historic sites, or artifacts such as pot shards, arrowheads, structures, and even antique bottles found on public lands.
• Artifacts should be left so others can experience and enjoy.